Vedic Poojan brings to you Holi poojan kit. So, Now no more running around to collect individual pooja items on this Holi. This Holi Pooja kit contains handpicked Holi pooja items (Holi pooja samagri) for Holi Pooja.
During Festival of Holi, Holika Dahan is celebrated by burning Holika, the devil. For many traditions in Hinduism, Holi celebrates the death of Holika in order to save Prahlad by Vishnu and thus Holi gets its name. On Choti Holi (a day before Color Play), typically at or after sunset, the pyre is lit, signifying Holika Dahan. Before burning Holika, there is a tradition to do Holika Pooja or Holi Pooja in day time. This Holi Pooja Kit contains all Holi Pooja samagris required for holi pooja.
Holi Pooja Kit contains following Holi Pooja Samagri:
- Gulari (Badkula) for pooja
- Roli & Akshat
- Mauli ( Sacred Thread)
- Agarbatti (Incense Sticks)
- Kaccha Soot (Raw Yarn)
- Haldi Gaanth (Turmeric Piece)
- Batashe (Sweet)
- Deepak (Earthen Lamp)
- Dhoop Cones
- Batti (Cotton Wick)
- Gulal 2 Packets
How to perform Holika Pooja (Holi Pooja Vidhi):
1. First of all, light the earthen lamp and Incense-sticks.
2. Do worship of Lord Ganesha first. Take some flower, rice and water in hand and remember Lord Ganesha. Pray him to help you to complete your holi pooja peacefully. Show lamp and incense-sticks to him. Offer tilak, sweets and water to him.
3. Then do worship of goddess Durga and Lord Narasimha similarly. Show lamp and incense-sticks to them. Offer tilak, sweets and water to them.
4. Now do Prahlad Pooja. Show lamp and incense-sticks to him. Offer tilak, sweets and water to him.
5. Now do the worship of Holika. Show lamp and incense-stick to her. Pray for prosperity, wealth and power.
6. Then offer rice, flower, sweets, turmeric piece, moong lentils, Gur and badkula (Gulary) to her.
7. Also circumambulate and tie 5-7 rounds of raw yarn around Holika.
8. Now offer Gulal & water to her. Empty your glass of water in front of Holika.